Sunday, August 31, 2014

Book Bucket Challenge

Rules: Don't think too hard. Just name any books that have affected you and made you sit back and take notice. They don't have to be the 'right' books or great works of literature. Then tag ten friends more to do this if you wish to. And of course, tag me too!

Okay, this is something that makes sense. Thanks to my friends for nominating me. It's very difficult for me to cut down top 10 novels from my list of over 2000 novels that I have cherished. But, I am gonna try and pen down the ones that affected me in some major sort of way.

1. Grimm's Fairytales
How can anyone not be affected by them? I grew up reading them, making it highly impossible for me not to believe in magic and the possibility of finding magic at unusual places. I still happen to believe in magic and fairytales, and I am proud of this fact 

2. All storybooks by Enid Blyton
I am sorry, I can't narrow it down. When I was a kid, I worshiped the books of Enid Blyton like any Holy Book. I used to love library classes and I made sure that my friends issued more of these books for me. Whether it was 'Secret Seven' which made me indulge and solve mysteries or whether it was 'The Magical Faraway Tree' which made me wish to visit places, I loved each and every book. I had read all of these from my library shelf.

3. Harry Potter Series- J.K. Rowling
Okay, I grew up with these. When I was 11, they were 11. I kept waiting for my Hogwarts letter, but unfortunately, I guess my letter was taken away by some cruel owl. I loved the minute lessons of life taught by this book about friendship, love, magic. power and everything else.

4. Barbara Cartland (The ones with Blue covers)
I adore her novels! Even though some of them are silly, I happen to love them. Historical Romances are my favourites and I happen to the feel of them by her novels. So yeah, I love those novels.

5. Pride and Prejudice- Jane Austen
I have to yet meet a girl who loves literature and hasn't fallen for the brooding yet amazing Mr. Darcy and the strong willed Ms. Elizabeth Bennet.

6. The Choice- Nicholas Sparks
Even though nearly all novels by Nicholas Sparks are full of medical problems, I happen to thoroughly love this one. It was a refreshingly beautiful read.

7. P.S.- I love you - Cecelia Ahern
OMG. I don't remember the amount of times I have cried while reading this book. This book is my ultimate favourite, albeit a bit lengthy, but motivational nonetheless. It's very inspiring and teaches us how to move on!

8. The Doll's House- Henrik Ibsen
I loved that even back then, the woman had the strength to put her views forward. She didn't bow down. Being a strong willed girl myself, I loved when Nora finally took a step for herself and banged that door close. I adore this novel!

9. Sweet Valley High Series- Francine Pascal
Reading this novel was a sheer pleasure! I loved the library classes and I loved reading these series. I don't think that I have missed any book from this series.

10. Pushing The Limits series- Katie McGarry
I really loved reading this novel and how love overcame all the scars on the mind and body.

Phew! It was a very hard job to do. I have missed a majority of my favourite novels but then, random top ten it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment